I am so grateful for laughter. Without laughter life would be so melancholy. I am also very grateful for the simple things that make me laugh. The other day I think we laughed for at least a half hour because of Timothy's new game. He has started throwing his sippy cup and at first I thought he was just dropping it because he wasn't coordinated enough to get it back down on the table! Ha, he fooled me! The first time I saw the gleam in his eyes I knew he was throwing the cup on purpose. Once he realized I had caught on, he added a little laugh to this game. So I thought I would capitalize on this opportunity to laugh. I sat there giving his cup and telling him he better not drop it. Then he would laugh and drop it. We went back and forth like this for some time! It wasn't the most exciting game, but it was so much fun to see Timothy laugh. Everybody was laughing. It really lightened the mood in my home and reminded me that we can laugh over the simple things and it doesn't matter. Amidst any struggles that we may have, we still have the ability to laugh and be happy. I just needed Timothy to remind me how to laugh.
I have a video of us playing Timothy's new game, but alas I do not know how to upload it to my blog. So I will let your imagination run wild as you imagine what it was like for us to play this new game!
No comments:
Post a Comment