Friday, June 5, 2009

Congratulations Amber!

As much as I try, when it comes to my kids, I can't seem to keep my emotions from rolling over! Amber graduated from Kindergarten today and I'm trying real hard to not be weepy. I am such a proud mom! Amber has accomplished so many wonderful things this year! I can hardly believe what a different girl she is now than when she first started Kindergarten. She is growing up.

Somebody had made little graduation caps for the kids and then the kids put on a program of songs demonstrating things they had learned throughout the year! I really enjoy watching Amber as she participates. I could tell she was hesitant to fully participate, but she was there, she was doing it! All she needed to know was that I would clap for her when they were done! Even though she is growing up and is done with Kindergarten, I am glad that she still needs me. I'm not ready for her to grow up anymore. I love how far she has come in the past year, and I love the greater independence she has. But I'm not ready to fully let go. Can't I just freeze time now and stop all of my kids from growing up?

Anyway, Amber's teacher recognized a few of the student's accomplishments in Kindergarten. Amber was one of two students who had not missed any days of school! And Amber read more than 2,300 minutes, that were logged! Of course Amber read a lot more than that, but I didn't log every minute. Most of the time I logged the minimum amount because I didn't want to keep that close an eye on the amount of time. It was more important to me that she read just to enjoy reading, not to rack up the minutes!

Here's a few pictures from the morning!


And, just for fun, here's couple of pictures just to compare the beginning of the school year to the end! The first two pictures are from the today (last day of school) and the next two are from the first day! Kindof fun to see!




4 comments:

* said...

Oh, you have every right to be weepy as your Kindergardener finishes her first year! my twins finish Kindergarden in another month (we're in a year-round school here) and I'm already getting emotional about it.

There's something about that first magical year of school that can never be recaptured again. Looks like she had the time of her life!

Susan Anderson said...

She is a real cutie! And finishing kindergarten is definitely a rite of passage.

Congratulations to both of you.

=)

Mike said...

It's sad to see our kids pass from one phase of life to the next. Like my grandma and mom used to say, "Each goodbye is more final than the last." It's okay to cry. Just embrace the moments and your kids!!!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

What a cute girl Amber is!!! Isn't it crazy that she is done? Clark finished kindergarten too. So weird!