As related by my oldest daughter yesterday:
Me and Natalie were looking for fairies today. Where there is a rainbow, there are fairies! If there is a butterfly, it will be a fairy.
[It has been raining, so lots of opportunities to find rainbows!]
We found a couple of butterflies. We followed them, but we didn't see the fairies.
[Today]
We looked for fairies again, and leprechauns. [I wonder how many she saw today! With all the rain, rainbows should be plenteous today!]
Ahhh . . . the imagination of a child. I love listening to her stories. Her imagination is not lacking in any way. I am glad to hear that she has found something to entertain her. It certainly brings back memories of my own childhood, the things I would come up with. These are the times that make all the bad times worth it! Her face is full of pure joy as she talks about her fairies. Just remember, there are fairies in our midst. Nobody really knows when a fairy will appear, but we will see one, if we are looking and believe! I will not destroy my daughter's belief in fairies, at least not right now! She is learning to have faith, and if she learns faith through believing in fairies, I will not complain. There are far worse things to believe in and to have faith in! I will gently urge her in the way of believing!
No comments:
Post a Comment