I can't keep up.
I'm so tired.
I need a nap.
But he keeps going.
I sit down on the couch.
He climbs onto the table.
I push in all the chairs.
He pulls them out.
I put things out of reach.
He finds a way to get into them.
And the list keeps going. Things like, I say no, he does it anyway! Despite the troubles he causes in my home, there are lots of things I love about him.
I love the way he laughs (even when he knows he's getting in trouble).
I love his hugs and kisses.
I love that he is still so cuddly.
I love storytime with him.
I love watching him sleep.
I love his mischievous look when he's getting ready to cause trouble.
I love how he says mama and dada.
I love how he growls like his daddy.
I love how he gets mad when we take his socks off!
And this list can go on forever. I love my little guy and I can't believe he is two. He just had a birthday a couple of days ago, which we celebrated last night. He has grown up so much in the past six months. Sometimes I am sad that he has grown so fast, but to watch him become more independent, I love watching this stage too. Sad tears for days gone by that cannot be recaptured, but joyful tears for the times ahead that I get to share with him.
2 comments:
My grandson turns two in November. What a cute age! But yes, he is definitely full of vinegar.
But so entertaining.
=)
Aww. That was so sweet. I totally understand the bittersweet feeling of watching your child grow up. Each new stage has it's highs and lows.
Post a Comment