Does this sound familiar? I think this is all I say to my kids since we brought the baby home! I'm trying to give them time with the baby, I'm just nervous. They don't all have the softest touch, or the knowledge to give the baby what he needs!
I am grateful for their help most of the time. Get me a diaper, please! Even a 2 1/2 yo can follow this simple direction. Get some clothes for the baby. My 7 yo loves this direction. You wouldn't know she's a girl with her love for clothes!
A 5 yo conversation with another mom: Our baby only drinks milk - from Mommy.
Okay, so now down to the nitty gritty. The doctors discharged Micah with serious jaundice. We had to take him in for the Bili test for an entire week. Ugh. Having his heel poked was bad enough, but seeing the scars now is so frustrating. His poor heels look like battlefields. The doc ordered the Bili bed and the Bili blanket. Let me just say, Pain in the keister! At the end of the week, doc decided the levels were stable, not going up, not going down. No more Bili tests for the baby!
Despite the challenges with jaundice, Micah has grown so fast. At his two week appointment he exceeded his birth weight by 5 ounces. His face is starting to fill out. He is the cutest baby, but I'm just a little biased in his favor! :)
So, now that I've figured out the whole camera thing and getting pictures off the camera, I thought I better post a link to some pics. Click here to view pictures of Micah's first couple of days! I'll try to post more from the last couple of weeks, but it is slow going for me. I need more time and energy. Forgive me if I'm slow on updates.
1 comment:
Congratulations! He is adorable.
My babies, by the way, all had jaundice...and all had to go under the lights. The first time, it was very stressful because my son's bilirubin was 21. If it hadn't gone down 4 points that first night under the lights, they were going to transfuse him. We were lucky.
The others didn't have it as badly because by then I knew enough to recognize it coming and get them under the lights sooner.
Glad he's out of the woods with it now!
=)
Post a Comment