I'm not done, but so far I have just about 10 boxes/bags of clothes to give away. I will be putting them on the curb tomorrow morning to give to charity. I will probably need John to tie my hands until then so I don't start taking clothes out of those boxes. I need to let them go. I need strength. I am weak in this!
My daughter just walked into her room and exclaimed, "Wow, that is a lot of boxes!" I didn't realize how far I had fallen. I mean I see the boxes and it is a lot, but when Emma is impressed with the amount, wow, I really needed this purging. Okay, I'll stop whining about it now. Wish me luck on getting all of this to the curb tomorrow morning before 10 a.m. I have lots more to go through so I'll sign off now. Once I'm done with this huge purging project I will report on my success or failure! I think I'll share pictures of the junk I'm going to purge from my home! Don't hold me to it though.
4 comments:
Purging is hard. I didn't have a hard time getting rid of my boy clothes when it was time because they had lived a good life and it was time to move on. But I can't part with my daughter's clothes. I keep holding onto the dream that I might have another daughter.
But I do love the feeling of being free of stuff. I need to do some big purging!
Purging is hard. I didn't have a hard time getting rid of my boy clothes when it was time because they had lived a good life and it was time to move on. But I can't part with my daughter's clothes. I keep holding onto the dream that I might have another daughter.
But I do love the feeling of being free of stuff. I need to do some big purging!
Good for you. I know it's hard to let go of things with any emotional connection or memory, but hopefully you'll feel better when its over. I had to do the same thing prior to our last move, and it was truly difficult! Good luck, I hope everything went well! :)
I'm trying to purge my own house as I'm getting ready to move. It blows my mind how sentimental I get over silly things that are of no real value. I understand your feelings and have complete empathy for you. Good luck!!
Post a Comment