Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Shoplifting was not on my bucket list!

Yes, I have a bucket list. A list of things I want to do sometime in my life. Shoplifting was never on that list, well until yesterday I suppose. But then again, I didn't intend to put shoplifting on that list. It just happened. I didn't realize I had taken anything until we had left the store! The sensors did not go off as we walked out.
So here's the story. Yesterday I was at the Park City outlets having a girls shopping trip. We were perusing the GAP outlet, trying on clothes and leaving many behind. At one point I had picked up a pair of socks thinking they were cute. I picked up a shirt that I wanted. We finished perusing and paid for our items. I had forgotten about those silly socks by then. So we left. Imagine my surprise and shock when I flipped the sunshade on the stroller only to find those silly socks! I hadn't even made an effort to pay for them. I had completely forgot about the socks in the melee of finding and trying on clothes. So I turned to Cori and said, Ummm . . . I need to go back. She looks at me all funny and asks, why. So I showed her the socks and told her I hadn't paid for them. So we get back to the store and I asked Cori to hold the door open for me so I could get the stroller in. She offered to just take the socks in for me! i am still flabbergasted that the sensors didn't go off when we left or when Cori went back in. I was mortified. So there you go. I am a shoplifter!

5 comments:

Jen said...

I had the same thing happen more then twice while shopping with a stroller. Always went back. And just recently I walked out with a stick of lipstick in my sweater pocket. I didn't even realize I had put it there! I've never done that before! It was the wierdest feeling. Of course this is not on purpose. It just happens, you know, mom brain and all.

Nicole said...

Well, I shoplifted a bottle of Pantene just yesterday because Ella was sitting on it in the shopping cart! We made it clear to the car, then I had to run back to the store and pray I didn't get thrown in the clink. Geez, you'd think more shoplifters would have kids as decoys--they make great shoplifting buddies!

Dawn said...

Wow! Didn't know you had that in you :) It was an honest mistake that I'm sure other people have made. At least you were good enough to take them back, some people wouldn't have thought of it.

Jessica said...

I didn't think I was the only one, but I was mortified nonetheless.

Heather said...

A pair of Victoria's Secret panties once (somehow) became stuck on my mom's jacket (I think it was the velcro on her jacket that was the culprit). I still tease her about the stolen panties (she brought them back, of course). =)