![]() |
| This is what I ended up with. A pocket I could hang on a hook on the wall. We have a surge protector attached to the wall just above this to house the plugs for the phones, and such. |
So, here's how I made the tablet pockets.
1. With the pant legs right side out, I folded over the top raw edge and top stitched it into place.
2. I measured enough lace to go around the top edge. I sewed it on so it hung over the top edge.
3. I then folded over the top edge again and top stitched it into place again.
![]() |
| Here is the top part with the lace sewn on. |
4. Once that step was done I turned the pant leg inside out.
![]() |
| This is what it looked like at this step. |
5. I then folded up the edge I had top stitched with lace. This created two pockets: One in front, one in back.
![]() |
| Pant leg is folded up creating two pockets. |
6. I then stitched the front portion of the pocket to the back of the pocket at each side. This will prevent it from becoming unfolded and dropping the contents all over.
7. After I finished step 6, I zigzag stitched the top middle pieces together along the existing seam.
8. I then cut along the existing seam leaving about an inch or so on each side. This created the handles.
![]() |
| I hadn't cut this one enough. I only left an inch or two uncut on each side. |
![]() |
| This is after I sewed the handles. I also decided to zig zag again. The whole top piece was zig zag stitched together. |
![]() |
| Yay, it fits. Perfect size. |
12. Then I hung it on the wall next to the cell phone pocket.
![]() |
| Only one tablet in the pocket for now. I was using the other one for pictures of this project! |
![]() |
| I have the cell phone pocket and the tablet pocket. Above these pockets is a surge protector for all of the plugs. |
I am so excited. I have loved the cell phone pocket and I am sure I am going to love the tablet pocket.









No comments:
Post a Comment