Monday, September 8, 2008

Funny things!

Funny things happened in the past couple of days. I think I'll write about those things.

This morning Emma was trying to sneak up on me and tickle me, at the request of my dear husband. However, after a couple of times of letting her get me, I started turning in my chair so I was facing her. Of course, she couldn't get me then. She played along for a while and then she said, "Mom, stop! Daddy told me to tickle you!" She was so upset that she couldn't tickle me. At that point I had to let her tickle me.

Last night we were at my dad's house for dinner. As we were getting ready to leave, I found Amber with her hand in Grandpa's candy jar. I was teasing her and told her she couldn't have any. She looked at me, shook her head back and forth, and said "Too bad, Grandpa said I could!"

After the girls went to bed last night, Timothy was nowhere near ready for sleep. So we riled him up with a game of peek-a-boo and the tickle monster. We were all laughing so hard. It is so much fun when Timothy laughs. I think I probably lost about 50 pounds last night just from laughing!

Amber still maintains that Chicken Nuggets are not real. They are just food. So I asked her today if that means Chicken Nuggets are fake. She said yes. But then I asked her how she can eat them if they are fake. Then she said they are just food, that's how she eats them.

I was sitting in the living room and all of sudden Emma started screaming. I told her to come over to me so she could tell me what was wrong. She said she couldn't. Being just a tad annoyed, I got up and went to her. I felt bad for being annoyed when I found her laying on the floor with her barrette stuck in the carpet. It took all I had to not laugh before rescuing her from her predicament.

There were more funny things, but at the moment, I think I am having a senior moment, as John puts it. I can't seem to remember the things I wanted to share. It will hit me at 2 a.m. and I will find myself unable to sleep.

1 comment:

Elgan Family said...

Those are funny, I especially like the one with the barrette stuck in the carpet. That's usually how it works, you think they are over-reacting or something and when you get up to see they are really in a (usually very funny) situation! You wish you had your camera with you, but then you know they would just get that much more upset...