Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sleepytime stories and more


Last week, after we had put the girls to bed, I heard Amber "Mom, Emma's in my bed!" I was so tired and I didn't want to referee that night. So I left them alone. After a while, all was quiet in the girls' room. I was pretty sure they had worked it out themselves and fallen asleep. Before I went to bed, I peeked in on the girls. This is what I found. Both girls were asleep on Amber's bed! Amber was snuggled right up to Emma. It was such a sweet sight. I'm sure that had I not taken a picture, or had John go check it out, the girls would have slept like this all night long. But, shortly after I took pictures Amber woke up complaining that Emma was in her bed. At that point we felt the situation should be remedied. So we put Emma in her own bed.


Just a few nights ago we had once again put the girls to bed and gone downstairs to watch a movie. During the movie I heard a loud thud and thought, that sure sounded like Emma getting out of bed. But she never came to find us and I just chalked it up to Trixie (the dog) being loud. After all, John had just told me that both girls were sound asleep and so was Timothy! Yay, a miracle! So, I was getting ready to go to bed and went to check on the girls first. My heart stopped, Emma was nowhere to be found. Of course, the first place I checked was Amber's bed. But no Emma. Where could she be? I then thought that it was likely she had crawled into my bed. So, I looked there. Lo and behold, Emma fast asleep on my bed. I took pictures, then put her into her bed where she promptly started whining. I told her she could sleep on the floor next to my bed. So that is where she fell asleep. Sometime during the night she went back to her own bed as she was nowhere to be found near my bed in the morning. I was even careful to not step on her. If only I had known she wasn't there.


Face view of Emma sleeping amongst the pillows on my bed!


Then yesterday, while Amber was in school, Emma played out in the front yard. She found a hard hat in the garage and decided to add that to her daily attire. Her adventures began with digging in the front yard where we took a tree out last year. We still haven't replaced the grass, so it is a big pile of dirt. There were construction workers at the neighbors house watching Emma and laughing at her digging in the dirt with her hard hat on! I thought it was quite amusing myself. By the time I got outside to take pictures, she was using this little turtle (a sandbox toy) as a bike. Her imagination keeps her entertained, especially during the times Amber isn't around to entertain her.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Halloween Fans said...

You changed your blog. Looks good! Cute pictures of Emma.I sure enjoy your friendship. Thanks for always being there. I am so thankful to have you as my friend.