Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Random thoughts!

I have had quite a few random thoughts and/or questions in the past few weeks. I thought I would share a few.

1. Kindergarten didn't go to school on Thursday or Friday last week. Then they turned around and only went to school Monday and Tuesday this week. I think it would have made more sense to keep them in school the two days last week and keep them out for a full week! I realize that this wouldn't work because of the schedule of the older grades, but hey, I'm just looking for ease of my own child's schedule!

2. SEP conferences in Kindergarten are an absolute waste of time. I already knew everything Amber's teacher told me and more. I only wish there had been more time to discuss things that really mattered to me! 15 minute appointments, what can you discuss in 15 minutes with a teacher who doesn't really listen?

3. Having three sick kids at the same time is a godsend. At least they get it over with in one fell swoop and hopefully we can all move on at the same time! None of this months of illness for me! Yay! So it isn't all peaches and cream, but we are getting through it. Besides, this is the one time all three kids will actually take a nap! :)

4. Timothy is finally plumping up. He was so skinny for so long that I was beginning to think he would never have meat on his bones. Yay, 12 month clothes finally fit him. That was my hope, that by Christmas Timothy would fit into 12 month clothes! I'm afraid he will grow out of everything way too fast now!

5. Imagine buying a home for less than $100,000. Less than $50,000. John told me about one that sold for $29,000. Hmmm . . . that is just about what my parents paid for their house 32 years ago! Tempting to sell my house and move to where the houses are almost free!

6. Lastly, I have a lot to be grateful for. Luckily it is Thanksgiving this week and we have an excuse to be grateful for things. But really, I am grateful everyday for so many things. I am so blessed.

Okay, there is the end to my random thoughts for the week! Enjoy the random photos!







Oops, don't know where Emma was. I guess she was hiding from the camera!

No comments: