Thursday, February 26, 2009

It was just about time for Amber's ride to be here and a few minutes before I needed to be heading out the door myself! Timothy comes walking into my bedroom with Emma close behind. With pride in her voice, Emma says, "Mom, look at Timothy!" I looked and just about died. She had put handsoap in his hair. But, it wasn't any ordinary soap. It was my expensive soap from Bath and Body. Yikes. It was no wonder my bedroom instantly smelled liked cotton blossom soap! That's what I get for leaving her in the bathroom by herself to brush her teeth and get herself ready for the day!

 

 


So I got Timothy cleaned up. I think it took about ten minutes to rinse the soap out of his hair. By the time he was done, we had to change his shirt. He was sopping wet! During this time, Amber left for school, John left, and I still needed to take a shower! Ahhh . . . I finally got ready and off to Miriam's house. She was so graciously helping me sew some dresses for my girls. She has these awesome sewing machines. Much easier to use than my little one! Thank goodness Miriam helped me because I would have never finished. We finished three dresses in the amount of time it took me to finish one at home! Yay! I am so excited. It was nice to take my kids somewhere where I didn't feel it was a burden to take them. Miriam was so awesome about the kids being there. At one point Emma had found a stamp with red ink that said "Excellent." Hmmm . . . by the time we found her, she had it stamped all up her arms, all over her face, and all over Timothy! We couldn't help but laugh. It was too funny. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures.

At about noon, John came and got the kids so they could have lunch and take naps. Yay! So, I finally got home about 4 p.m. Shortly after I got home, Emma came out of the bathroom as proud as can be. "Look at my hair!" Because we thought Timothy's soapy head was funny, she thought we would find it amusing that she had soap in her hair. Not so funny. I didn't even wash it out right then. By the time we had dinner done, I had forgotten about the soap in her hair. We didn't wash it out until this morning before she got dressed. She screamed the whole time I had her head under the water. I guess she won't be trying that one again (hopefully)!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I am so glad you could get the dresses done! Yeah for good friends! That is great. That is crazy about the soap in the hair! Glad it was somewhat easily fixed!