I just had the opportunity to participate in a swap. This was a lot of fun. For those of you who don't know how a swap works, each person gets a partner, then sends five favorite things to the partner. It is a fun way to get to know the other person without ever talking to the person. So I thought about the things I could send to my partner. I thought about all of my favorite things and narrowed it down to the following five things.
1. A note pad-- because I like to make lists, doodle when I'm talking on the phone, and just write random notes. Paper is always a good thing. And I like cute paper so I sent a cute notepad.
2. Sudoku book-- Since John introduced me to Sudoku I have loved it. It is a good stress reliever, unless I make a mistake and can't find that one measly mistake a hundred numbers ago! I can do these for hours if the kids will let me. I found that these are very good books to take on an airplane. I usually can't focus enough to read a novel, but Sudoku? Perfect!
3. Cherry blossom body butter-- (at least I think it was cherry blossom!) There were so many choices. I love body butter! And I love the smelly stuff. It makes me feel so good when I use body butter. I get the chance for a few moments to relax and bask in wonderfulness before I need to return to reality!
4. Puppy book-- This is one of my kid's favorites. All of my kids love books. My girls are always asking for stories over anything else. We love to sit and read stories. Timothy is starting to recognize things and dogs are one thing that he can point out.
5. Princess crayons-- My girls are budding artists. They love crayons, markers, paper, anything that sparks their creativity. We sent the Princess crayons because they love princesses. They dress up and pretend they are princesses. So there is two favorites in one item!
I had so much fun sharing some of my favorite things! I was a little apprehensive at first but thought, why not? I had the chance to share a little of myself and my family with somebody else. I hope I can do this again. Did I mention that it was fun? I would recommend this to everybody. Try it. You just might find a new friend!
Another benefit of the swap: I took Amber to the store with me. We had a mommy/daughter date. She helped me pick the items for the kids favorites. Of course I had final veto power but it was fun. We left her homework on the table and went to the store! Amber needs that time away from everybody else. I think she feels a little lost as the oldest. Sometimes she just needs to be reminded that we enjoy her for her and not for her next accomplishment!
3 comments:
That sounds fun--the swap you did. Sounds like you really enjoyed it. What did you get?
Ruth-- because you asked, here's what I got in the swap. I got it after I posted this, that's why I didn't write about it earlier.
1. Chocolate
2. Stickers
3. Yummy lotion (grapefruit)
4. Kids books
5. Fruit snacks
(and chapstick thrown in for good measure!)
I think everybody should try one of these!
The swap was lots of fun. I still need to blog about it on my blog. Thank you for your favorite things. I love notepads too, and I'm so excited to use it for my menu planning (since it says Monday, Tuesday...). The Sudoku is fun too. I'm not very good at it yet, but my husband is already addicted! My daughter loves the book and the crayons...She loves to read, she loves to color, and she loves dogs, so those things were perfect for her!! Oh yeah, and it was cherry blossom flavor...it looks like we both like yummy lotions. :) Anyway, thanks again for the fun "prizes"!
Post a Comment