I know if I wait to share this story I will forget all the funny details! So, here's my funny story for the day.
Yesterday my girls were playing out in the backyard. Amber had come inside leaving Emma out there by herself. A little bit later I looked out the window to check on Emma, make sure she is doing okay. I couldn't see her from any angle. Okay, so maybe she was over by the pear tree and I can't see that far from my kitchen window. I also couldn't hear her out there which isn't too strange when she is by herself!
I was also on the phone at the time and asked Amber to go find Emma. After a diligent search, Amber came back in, "Mom, I can't find her. She's not back there!" So, Amber checks the front yard. No Emma! Okay, I'm getting worried now. Where did Emma go? Amber was starting to freak out! She kept saying, "I can't find her. I think she went really far!" The panic was evident in her voice. When Amber got to the end of the circle, she really started to panic! "I can't find her, where is she? Mom, we have to find her, I think she went really far!" Amber was all set to start a full blown neighborhood search for Emma. I'm thinking, "How hard is it to find a 3 year old girl in her own backyard?" So, apparently it can be quite difficult! I went out to look. No Emma! Okay, so Amber isn't crazy and really did look in every crook and cranny of the backyard!
What to do. Hmmm . . . Emma is nowhere to be found. As I'm coming inside I have this thought "Check downstairs!" Of all the crazy thoughts! I had been sitting at the kitchen table and hadn't heard or seen her come inside. How could she be downstairs? So, I thought, "I'll just check just to cover all my bases! Wouldn't it be funny if she really was there?" Off to the basement. As I rounded the corner of the living room, there was Emma, laying on the floor watching Madagascar 2!
What a relief. I really had no idea what I was going to do if I really had lost Emma out of my own backyard! At that point I went to find Amber. She was practically in tears because Emma was nowhere to be found! So I called Amber home. I said, "Amber, did you check downstairs?" No surprise that her reaction was, "Why?" So I told her again to check downstairs! It was not an easy task convincing Amber to do such a thing when she was convinced Emma was far away! Nonetheless, Amber finally checked downstairs! The next thing I knew, Amber was bouncing up the stairs, "Mom, she is down there!" Pure joy filled her face as she realized Emma wasn't lost, missing, or just plain far away! She had been here the whole time! The best part about it was this -- Emma was oblivious to the panic stirred by her disappearance. She was so involved in the movie that she had no idea anybody was looking for her!
3 comments:
Yikes, so scary!! I'm glad she's okay. I'm NOT looking forward to wandering kids as they get older.
What a sweet story, so glad all is well. Thanks for participating in my giveaway, sorry you didn't win, but I am glad you at least stopped over so that I could find you!!! Thanks for scattering sunshine!
Okay. I go through this same routine at least once a week -- but it's usually over my purse - not a child...too funny. Of course Emma knew where she was all the time!
Post a Comment