Thursday, June 25, 2009

Funny kid stuff

Yesterday I took my kids to the park with Jaime and her kids for free lunch. All the kids had pretty much finished except Emma and Timothy. Lunch was chicken patty sandwiches. There was lettuce, pickles, mustard, mayo, etc. The kids were all decked out with food! Emma ate her chicken patty, but left the bun, lettuce, pickles, and mustard. I didn't think she wanted any of that. All of a sudden she handed me the mustard packet and said "Now I like mustard!" Translation, now she wanted to put the mustard on her bun and eat it. I'm thinking, this is so gross, a mustard sandwich. So I started laughing and told her that she wouldn't like just a mustard sandwich. So she looked at what she had, then she looked at me all serious, with the cup of lettuce and pickles in her hand, "I can put these on it!" So, I told her to go ahead, but she had better eat it. I don't like it when she wastes food. I thought she would take one bite and spit it out! But, she ate about half of it. Good job Emma for the good faith effort in eating what I thought was a very disgusting sandwich.

During that same trip to the park, Timothy started trying to pick something out of Jaime's hand. There was nothing there. So Jaime started asking him if he wanted a pretend cookie! Hahaha. I didn't think he would play along. He never ceases to amaze me. He pretended to pick up a cookie, then we told him to eat it, so he pretended to put the cookie in his mouth and pretended to chew it up! I was laughing so hard. We kept doing it, and he kept pretending along with us. It was so fun. Then I asked him if I could have some cookie so he gave some to me, and then he gave some to Jaime. By this time we were practically rolling in the grass laughing so hard. Well, when I got home, John took Timothy to change his diaper. Timothy kept trying to put something in John's mouth, confusing John until I told him about the pretend cookies. Now it is just fun to ask Timothy about pretend cookies. Usually he will play along!

Okay, so one more funny story. Tonight Emma did not want to sleep in her own bed. She's actually had a problem with it for a bit now. She says it is too dark on her bed. The girls have bunk beds and Emma sleeps on the bottom bunk. We tried to switch the girls a couple of days ago, yeah, didn't go over too well. So tonight Emma made Amber mad by climbing into Amber's bed! I put Emma back into her bed and Emma started complaining, "I want to sleep in your room, it is too dark on my bed!" It was still a little light outside, so I looked at her and told her to close her eyes and go to sleep while it was still light outside. Then she wouldn't even know or realize when it got dark. Seems to have worked so far. She was out light a light withing ten minutes. Yay, whether she stays there all night remains to be seen! We're crossing our fingers.

Amber was just too tired today to say or do anything funny. We let the kids stay up late last night and then today they went to the carnival. Fun for them, but they were so exhausted. Despite the exhaustion, we've had a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Fernandez Family said...

So cute! I love these stories. Kids eat crazy things and think it is great. Is there a plug near emma's bed where you could plug in a night light?