Tuesday, July 7, 2009
The other night (yes, very late) I was sitting in the living room chatting with Jeff and Cori. It was about 12:30 a.m. when we heard the screen door open. Then scratching noises. We all looked at each other petrified. I didn't want to open the door not knowing who or what was at our front door. Jeff peeked out the window and there was a white 15 passenger van in my driveway! Yikes, this isn't looking so good. After a few seconds the scratching stopped and the van drove away. There wasn't anybody around anymore, that we could tell. Should I go open the door? What if somebody was hiding? Okay, I opened the door. Nobody there. But there was something taped to my door! Hence the scratching sounds! It was information we needed for Youth Conference. The mom decided since it was so late she would just tape it to the door. I should've opened the door and scared her to death right? Okay, so it is funny to think about what could have happened if I would've opened the door on her, but . . . honestly, I couldn't have. There have been a few people who have had late night visitors who claim to be trying to save them, trying to get them to come to Jesus! I wasn't about to open my door that late at night for an unexpected visitor! We were just grateful it wasn't anything worse! Now that my heart rate has returned to normal I can laugh. The funniest part-- here we were, a group of three adults, scared by scratching at the front door! Hahahaha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you know...when it's put that way, we all do seem kind of pathetic.. lol
Post a Comment