Monday, July 20, 2009

Splash Park Adventures

I just learned about a Splash Park not too far from my home that is free! I'm all about free activities with the kids. All they needed was a swimsuit and a towel! Oops, I forgot the towels. Oh well.
So, Jaime and I headed off to the Splash park a couple of days ago. We packed lunches and piled into Jaime's van. We weren't really sure what to expect, but we were up for the adventure anyway. Most of the kids had a lot of fun. Timothy wasn't sure how to react to the water, so he screamed. He wasn't too happy about being out in the sprinklers. I couldn't help but laugh. It was so funny to see him scream so loud over a simple trickle of water.

Enjoy these pictures!



I was shocked we had pulled this off. Especially after Amber's serious wardrobe malfunction. She had come out of the restroom upset. The right strap on her swimsuit had ripped off. Uh oh, problem. Her swimsuit would not stay up on the right side. Ummm . . . not ok in my book to let my daughter romp around covered only halfway! What to do. Oh no! We can't go home right now. All the others will be disappointed! So, I tied it together in a knot! In an attempt to make both sides look semi uniform, I tied a knot in the left side too! She didn't care if it looked silly. All she cared about was being able to play in the water. What a resourceful mom I am! Okay, so I seem to recall the idea to tie it together wasn't mine! But it worked and our outing was a success!

We had such success on our first outing to a splash park that I decided to try again the next day. Oh yeah! I am so addicted. But, we decided to try a different one this time. I was not impressed. The kids didn't have as much fun. Plus, the base was cement. What happens when cement gets wet? Oh yeah, it gets slippery. They need those signs "Slippery when wet!" Ha ha, I crack myself up. Okay, so back to the story. I called Jennifer earlier and asked if she wanted to come along. She readily agreed so we piled the six kids into the car and we were off. We took the very long route, but it was fun nonetheless! By the time we got there, the kids were not happy with having been in the car for so long. However, they were ready to play! Did I mention that it was a cement pad? Uh-oh. How many kids does it take to slip and fall before somebody realizes that a cement pad splash park is dangerous? Obviously too many! It didn't matter how slow my kids were walking, every one of them slipped. And of course, they came crying to mommy. Mommy, I slipped. It hurts. Can we go home yet? So, not as successful, but it was sure nice to have the Elgans join us. I'm thinking I'll avoid this one and drive just a bit further to enjoy the first one!

No comments: