Tuesday, October 13, 2009

R.I.P. Trixie

When we brought Trixie home 8 years ago, she was an abused dog left at the shelter. She was so starved for attention. We brought her home, loved her, and played with her. Over the past couple of years we have watched her health decline. We knew there was nothing more we could do. She had become blind and deaf and could barely make it down the one step we had to get outside. In an act of mercy we decided to put her out of her misery and free her from the pain. She left our home on October 10, 2009.

Here are pictures of the kids with Trixie on her last morning with us. We will miss her, but know that she is not in pain anymore. She has been a faithful dog. She has been so patient with the kids. I couldn't have asked for a better dog. Rest in peace Trixie!

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm sorry to hear about Trixie. You feel like you've lost part of your family. I know her health hasn't been the greatest. I wish your family luck :)

Susan Anderson said...

She looks sweet and gentle as can be. You will miss her, I'm sure, but the memories these pictures display must be lovely.

=)

Jessica said...

Thank you for your comments. It was a very good life with her but we knew it was for the best.

Fernandez Family said...

I know she will always be in your heart. On a lighter note, WOW Timothy looks so big. He doesn't have that baby face anymore.