Kids say the funniest things. Although this time probably wasn't the best time to laugh, we just couldn't contain ourselves!
Yesterday Amber was flicking water in Emma's face, which was making Emma mad. So John took things into his own hands. He grabbed the spray bottle and started spraying Amber. Of course she didn't like that! It wasn't fair, she never used the spray bottle! But, not being able to pass up this opportunity, I took the spray bottle from John. Staying out of sight I started randomly spraying water into the bathroom. I didn't know if I was getting Amber or Emma. Amid protests, we switched off. Then we let Timothy spray the water. By this time Amber was getting really frustrated, but she didn't know I had joined in on the fun! John got all the blame. Perfect for me. I could still console her at the end, right? Then all of a sudden Amber bursts out with, "Stop dad, I'm telling Heavenly Father!"
We couldn't contain our laughter at that point. It was too funny. We were laughing so hard. And this all came on the tail end of Amber telling us how it everybody at school makes fun of her and how it hurts her feelings. Laughing at her right then probably wasn't the best choice, but she said it with all seriousness and it was just too funny. Sometimes we just have to laugh!
So, here's another funny story. Okay, so it may not be so funny to you, but it makes me laugh. Once I realized what happened, and why Timothy thinks the way he does! I like to tease Timothy and when his tummy is bare, I tell him I see a bare tummy, and then I tickle his tummy! Usually this results in peals of laughter. To make sense of what happened, you have to know that Timothy's favorite book is We're going on a Bear Hunt. We read it over and over. His favorite part is where they find the bear in the cave and then run home! He always says "bear, hunt, me." Yes, he likes those bears.
Confusion time. He doesn't understand the difference between bare and bear. To him, it is all the same thing. So I would say "I see a bare tummy!" and he heard "I see a bear tummy!" One day he said "bear, tummy, me!" Okay, so he thinks he has a bear in his tummy? I can go with this. I can pretend with him. He wants to be like me so instead of a baby he has a bear in his tummy! But wait, that's not what he was saying. It would be wise of me to pay more attention. He started saying he was a bear. Then he would lift up his shirt to bare his tummy. He wanted me to tickle him! Oh, I get it, because I was telling him he had a "bear" tummy he likes to think he's a bear! He growls at me, and wants me to growl back. But what he really wants is for the "bear" to be tickled! I laugh everytime he tells me he's a bear.
Okay, so to everyone else, that probably isn't so funny. But I really do think my kids are amusing. We laugh so much around here, despite those days when I feel I'm at wits end with the kids and nothing seems to go right! I need the laughter to keep me sane. Thank goodness my kids provide the entertainment on a daily basis!
1 comment:
Both stories are cute, and it sounds like your kids are, too!
=)
Post a Comment