The elementary school had a free family skate night at Classic Fun Skating in Sandy. The girls really wanted to go and I had promised them earlier in the week that we would go. After all, it was only a dollar for skate rental. Plus, we could take Timothy's little bike for him to ride, and John was home to go with us! Yay.
So we had dinner with Jaime and her kids, then we all packed up in the cars and made our way to the skating rink. We planned to be there about 5:30, but got there at 6:30 p.m. Oh well. That is how things go around here. We can always have the best intentions, but well, the best laid plans are always the ones that are flexible. At least it was Friday night. I didn't mind if the kids were up later!
First task upon arrival- skate rental!
John took Amber and Emma to get skates. They put them on, and then they couldn't stand up. Amber did okay on the carpet, but once on the rink she didn't particularly like to skate! Emma couldn't even stand up on the carpet. She fell on her butt one too many times. So she seemed content to lay on the floor moving her feet back and forth.
Then Saundra showed up and she had rented the adjustable skates for her 2 yo daughter. I hadn't even thought about that! I didn't even know those kind of skates were still in production! Those are the kind I grew up wearing! Yay, I was so excited. She let us borrow the skates for Timothy for a bit. He actually did very well. it wasn't until I saw Timothy skating on the carpet by himself that I had an epiphany. Emma needed skates like that! So she tried the skates on and loved it. So I exchanged her skates for the adjustable skates! She did so much better! She loved being out there with John. She even skated by herself. I'm glad we tried that. Now if Amber had worn her shoes instead of her boots she could have tried those skates too. Unfortunately her boots didn't fit into the adjustable skates.
We did enjoy the night. It was so fun to take the kids somewhere fun and spend very little money. We are so grateful for being able to go and for the time we could spend with friends. Nights like this are so wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment