Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tooth Fairy Adventures

Amber lost a tooth on Sunday. To say the least, I was not prepared for this occurrence. I knew she needed to get that tooth out as the new one had started growing behind and looked to be growing too far back. I had John work on the tooth and he eventually pulled it out!

But this created a problem. We weren't prepared for a visit from the Tooth Fairy! Oh no. What do we do? Amber wants to put her tooth under her pillow and she will be severely disappointed in the morning if she doesn't get anything from the tooth fairy that same night. So yes, I lied to my daughter. I told her the Tooth fairy doesn't work on Sunday so she might as well wait until Monday night to put her tooth under her pillow.

I think I will be forgiven for telling this lie to my daughter. I had to. I had to prevent the attitude stemming from the disappointment of not being visited by the tooth fairy.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hey, the tooth fairy needs a day off here and there too. :) Thanks for making me smile today

Meesh said...

Isn't telling your daughter there is a tooth fairy a lie too? I figure all is fair in fantasy land. There are no lies, just interesting backstory!

Jessica said...

Fairies do their work outside the view of the human eye. But that doesn't prevent me from being a fairy. To my daughter, a fairy is something good. So why not indulge her fantasies? It isn't a lie when I am truly acting as a fairy. She doesn't see me, yet she doesn't need to know, right now, who the fairy is! Sometimes it is best not to know your benefactor!