Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Potty Training

I dreaded the day Timothy wanted to potty train. I admit, part of the reasons for waiting so long was my own unwillingness to deal with accidents, etc.
But I got tired of buying diapers. As long as we had diapers for him, Timothy refused to try to potty train. It was easier to just use those darn diapers.
One day I decided as soon as this last batch of diapers was gone I was not buying any more. Timothy would have to potty train. In ask reality I still wasn't prepared. We ran out of diapers faster than I expected.
But I didn't buy anymore. I told Timothy he had to wear underwear and use the toilet. I was so nervous about the prospect. But he trained so easily. I've been nervous about taking him places for fear of accidents. You see, I couldn't use pull-ups because they're too much like a diaper.
Timothy has been such a trooper. He is potty trained. And it only took a couple of days to get the nighttime thing down! All of my fears seem to have been unfounded. It has been relatively painless and easy.
This is really nothing short of a small miracle. I'm counting my blessings with this one.

2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I am glad the potty training went so well. What a relief!!! I hope all is going well for you!

Dawn said...

Way to go Timothy!! I've always heard boys were easier than girls, I guess this proves true :)