Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Grandma's Garden

Grandma has always had a garden for as long as I can remember. I remember spending the night with grandma and helping her in the garden. I have a picture of me in the garden with her. But this year is hard for grandma. You see, grandma fell while planting her garden. She was doing what she loves. But what she loves had to be put on hold because she broke her hip when she fell and had a partial replacement. Not able to work in the garden bothers my grandma. But, this gives me the opportunity to once again help her take care of the garden. This summer and fall I will tend her garden so all her hard work does not go to waste. This is just a small thing I can do to help my grandma. And maybe my girls will learn to help too! If nothing else comes of it, my kids will have the opportunity to get to know my grandma better. There is nothing better than seeing the light in her face when she gets to visit with us. While it is awful that she has to endure the trials of a broken hip, we're finding good in the situation too.

No comments: