Yay for small steps! Remember a couple of posts back where I talked about teaching my son sign language? I was hopeful he would start talking then. It appears my hopes were not in vain. He has started saying mama, dada, baby, and me on a regular basis. He also says the girls' names and loves to walk around saying their names over and over. He still uses sign language when he can't figure out how to say the word he needs, but I am so very grateful. We often find him saying mama at the same time he is signing, just as he has seen us do.
He has started copying words we say. He will copy one word at a time. The girls get a kick out of trying to get him to say "I love you." He has such a sense of humor that he will say "I love me!" He knows he is being funny and we all love it. Now that he is willing to try he is learning fast and his speech is developing quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment