Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of Kindergarten

Today was Amber's first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited last night that it was hard to get her to go to sleep. I wanted her to get good sleep so she wouldn't sleep through class. I know how tired she gets. It was kinda hard to let her go. For me, Kindergarten is a sure sign that my baby is growing up. She looked like such a big girl, all dressed for school with her backpack. We met Julie and her kids so we could walk together. It was about a 15 minute walk. We had a good walk and then I waited with Amber until she went into her classroom. I wanted to stay with her, but knew if I did it would make it harder for her. Plus I had the two younger kids with me.

It was a cooler morning so it was really nice to walk. We weren't so hot. It was a good walk. We took the shortcut through the field. Talk about a workout. Pushing a double stroller laden with Emma and Timothy is no easy task when on the grass. Hmmm . . . maybe tomorrow I'll make Emma get out and walk over the grass! We'll see. Take one day at a time.

Timothy fell asleep on the way home. I think our schedules are going to be a little off for a while. Getting up earlier and all the exercise. I have gotten used to Timothy's schedule, but we are messing it all up. He will still take naps, but when? He slept for about and hour and a half after we got home. I should have taken advantage of just having Emma awake. I could have at least gotten unpacked from our weekend adventures!

After school Amber was not too keen on the idea of walking home. She wanted me to carry her backpack. I think the whole idea of school and walking has lost its luster!

3 comments:

Fernandez Family said...

Wow she really does look all grown up. Especially the way you did her hair. She looks so pretty. I can hardly believe that she is old enough to go to kindergarten. Not too long ago I was visiting her in the hospital on a cold blustery winter day in Michigan. I really miss those days. Our Sunday dinners together were a lot of fun!

JennaK said...

What time do you normally get up and get going? My kids have been waking up at the crack of dawn (the literal crack of dawn, which here in AZ is at about 4:30 am in the summer) for the last 3 years. I wish my kids would sleep longer!

Jessica said...

During the summer my kids were usually up between 7 and 7:30. But now they are up at 6:30 to get them ready for school and such. $;30? Makes me grateful for 6:30!