When John came to me with his plan for ward temple night I thought he was crazy! But I agreed to it because I knew we had people willing to help out! So, his plan was to get two babysitters, Maegen and Kim, who could watch all the kids at my house and we could all carpool together! Okay, not such a bad proposition, but . . . three kids each, well . . . I had my doubts! So last night we left nine kids in the hands of Maegen and Kim and all piled into my vehicle to carpool to the temple! At this point I was thinking, oh my goodness, what did we just do? It wasn't until we were at the temple that it really hit me, we had just left three babies, 15 months, 9 months, and 6 months. I would definitely be overwhelmed. That's why John planned for two babysitters. He has more foresight than I do sometimes.
Now that it is over and done with, it wasn't such a crazy proposition. We are willing to try this again. My house is still standing, the kids are all still alive, and the parents . . . well you'll have to ask them. As for me, I think I am converted to this insane idea of John's!
6 comments:
I would agree....although it was a little wierd w/o out hubbys. But it was a lot of fun, for adults and kids.
Wow, if it works and you can get to the temple, GO FOR IT! Sounds like everything was a success.
I tell ya, I was thinking the same thing...9 kids, HOLY COW!! I hope Kim and Meaghan weren't too overwhelmed. I'm so thankful to you guys for doing it, though. Anthony and I both needed that. Thank you!!
I have heard of and been a part of similar schemes. A group of young couples got together for a Halloween party and left 14 kids with me and another college student. It was a little crazy but I have to say the time went by really fast. Each parent pitched in $4 for each kid to pay for our services. I am sure there were some hectic moments but a lot of fun too. I am glad you guys were able to go to the temple. What a great date night!
That is a great idea! it's so nice to go and know your kids are taken care of. Lee and I usually go to the temple and swap after sessions. If it's warm he'll take the kids to the park, and then when it's my turn we go shopping.
Glad I found your blog!
You have such cute kids . . .
Post a Comment