My time- It just so happens this week that I have had the opportunity to have a bit of me time. How rejuvenating! John has been so willing (no complaining) to watch the kids while I go out! He has even allowed himself to be roped into watching six kids at the same time, all by himself. Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday afternoon, Wednesday evening, and Thursday evening! Okay, so he had the kids a lot this past week. My kids love having daddy around so much.
Swimming- The outdoor pools are closing! I am so sad. We have been able to go quite often this year compared to past years. Even Timothy has gotten comfortable in the pool. I love the outdoor pools. No more weekday outdoor pool trips for us. We did take advantage of the pool again this week though. We went on Thursday afternoon. What fun. We enjoyed being there. Timothy no longer clings to me. In fact, he tries to run into the water that is too deep for him! I have to keep a very close eye on that boy lest he tries something crazy and well . . . I just don't want to think of all the bad things that could happen right now!
Day at the Carnival- My kids have been so excited! A couple of months ago when we went to the dentist, they gave us a flier advertising their free carnival in August. Free food, free activities, lots of fun. All just for being a loyal patient! The carnival was from 11-2 at Sugarhouse Park. First off we got in line for food. The line was so long that John took the girls to get their hair colored! By the time they were done, I was almost to the food! Yay! Then we found out there was a separate line for the hotdogs. John went to wait for hotdogs, and I helped the girls get drinks, popcorn, nachos, cotton candy, and snow cones for everybody! 5 items for 5 people, not so bad. Oh, except the snow cones were difficult to carry while pushing a stroller and balancing the other food! But, I'm wonder woman and I did it. Okay, so Amber and Emma helped. I really only had to hold my own snow cone. I sent Amber to give John his while he waited in line for hotdogs! Then I gave Timothy his! Red snow cone drenched him by the time we found somewhere to sit and eat. Probably not the smartest choice, but hey, kids wash, at least I think so!
Then the girls were off to bowling, and the bounce houses! They could spend all day in those bounce play areas! One was a shark slide. Emma took a long time coming down the first time. I had just sent Amber back up to find her and here she comes, out from under the teeth! And she's off. Back for another round of the shark slide! Timothy was content to hang out in the stroller. I think he was just so tired. I hadn't given him a nap yet. So he watched the girls play. What a fun way to spend an afternoon.
The girls were so mad when it was time to go, but everyone was so tired. Timothy fell asleep on the way home after he dumped popcorn all over his lap! Oops, the things I do to keep the kids happy. Popcorn in the car, what a mess! But they were so good at the carnival. Almost no complaining.
Now it is time to buckle down and get in the school mode! School starts on Monday for Amber. She's so ready to start first grade. I'm not ready for summer to be over, but hey, I can still take Emma and Timothy and play for a few weeks while Amber is gone all day! Can I please drag summer out a little while? I'm not ready for it to end.
No comments:
Post a Comment