Friday, August 28, 2009

We survived!

We have officially survived the first week of school! It has been such an adjustment for Amber to be in school all day. She is so tired at the end of the day. Meltdowns have been the norm this week. All in all we have had a successful week.

So today Amber said that she played with Issac at recess today. She said they played dinosaurs. Hmmm . . . sounds interesting, my little girl was playing dinosaurs? She has a slight fascination with dinosaurs. So John asked her which dinosaur she was. She looked at him with one of those, duh dad looks and said, "the mom!" I couldn't stop laughing. She found a way to play house with the boys. She just called it dinosaurs, but she still got to be the mom! My child is creative.

Other adventures this week: I've been walking Amber to and from school with a couple other moms in the neighborhood. So once the kids go in to school, we let our other kids play out on the playground for a bit before heading home. I think it was Tuesday that Timothy fell off the playground equipment, screamed, and screamed louder when I picked him up. He was mad that I wasn't letting him run around. But I didn't want anyone to think I didn't care about my child, so I had run to see what was wrong. I guess he's too much like me. Let me assess what's wrong before anybody asks me if I'm okay!

I am slowly getting used to Amber being gone. I have a full day where the girls aren't fighting! Woohoo! I am loving the peace in my house, which is quickly shattered as soon as we get back from picking up Amber. The day sure flies by though. I didn't realize how fast time really would go. Ha, and I thought I would have lots of time to get stuff done!

No comments: