Monday, December 7, 2009

Recharged

Every mom magazine/book I have ever read tells a mom to take time for herself. Okay, so I get five minutes here and five minutes there. Maybe once in a while I get ten minutes where I don't have kids demanding attention, the dishes needing to be done, or the laundry calling my name! And I admit, I get frustrated easily when I am tired, worn out, and just plain down in the dumps. This is what led up to the day I told Aunt Deb I was giving up because it was just too plain hard! And I was also feeling extremely guilty that I couldn't keep up with it all. After all, other women seem to have it all together, clean houses, well dressed children, well behaved children, etc. And the list never ends. I try not to compare myself, but I find the times I compare are the lowest!
I didn't intend to tell Aunt Deb how much I was struggling. After all, she had her own worries and did not need to worry about me too! I couldn't add to her burden. But somehow, she has this sixth sense. She always knows when I need help and she jumps in.
So, here comes Aunt Deb to the rescue! We planned a mom's night out, not just a couple of hours, but the entire night and most of the next day! She made reservations at a hotel for just me and her. We sent the kids, my husband, and her husband to her house about an hour away from Salt Lake! We went our own way and stopped for the night at the hotel! Aunt Deb treated me to dinner, a mani/pedi, and just some plain old adult conversation that was not interrupted by kids! What a treat for the soul. I needed that break to get recharged. I feel so much better. Nothing has changed except how I feel. I am so grateful for an Aunt who takes care of me when I need it most!
I would post pictures of our night out, but well, we didn't take time to take pictures. We were so busy having fun that pictures were the last thought on our minds! We got back to her house Saturday evening about dinner time. Then we enjoyed being back with the family, bunked down for the night, and I brought my family home Sunday morning in time to get ready for church.
So, I am recharged and ready to roll with the punches! I'm really back now!

1 comment:

Tiffany Wacaser said...

I'm so thrilled that you were able to have such a relaxing break. That is wonderful. And what a true jewel your aunt is! We all needs aunts or friends like that!

I hope you don't think all moms have it together.I don't, not by any means. My laundry is currently backed up. The kids rooms need SERIOUS adult attention. I'm tired all the time, etc.

I was feeling frustrated about it, not to mention feeling exhausted, but I realized that I'll just take it as I can. At the moment, I've got two sick kids and they need mommy's hugs more than the bedrooms need attention.

Hugs to you! And if I lived closer, I would totally come over and we could help each other.