Friday, January 22, 2010

The big, bad "S" word!

I can say that, he doesn't know, right? So I thought. I forgot how much a two year old will repeat. He probably doesn't understand what he says, but he hears me say things, and then he repeats it! Sometimes this is so adorable, like the time I told him he was being a pill. He turned to me and said no, you pill. I couldn't resist the laughter at that point. So when he repeated the big, bad "S" word I thought, oh no, I'm in trouble. Just don't tell the girls, they will certainly chastise me! They hear me say the word and remind me, "Mom, that's a bad word!" Okay, I know I've told them it is a bad word, but when I'm frustrated with something, it becomes something like this. Argh, this is so Stupid! Okay, I told you now. My big, bad "S" word! I realize I say it all the time. But I don't call anybody stupid. I just use it in reference to a situation. (Ummmm . . . starting to sound like rationalization? It is!)
Now that my two year old is repeating everything I say, I need a greater resolve to not say this word. I need to be an example to my children. My girls hear me and know I'm breaking my own rules! How is this helping them any? Ha, it isn't. But, it is a bad habit of mine. I tried once and couldn't break the habit. So I gave up. Yes, I gave up. I thought, if I couldn't break it once, why try again? Now that I have a third reason to break this habit, maybe I should give it another shot. It is a good thing this wasn't my resolution for the new year. I would have already failed!

Oh, and by the way, the lack of pictures is very apparent on my blog. Sorry about that. My pictures are all on my other computer. But somehow my other computer decided it didn't want to work anymore. I was in the process of backing everything up, unfortunately it didn't happen fast enough. I now have the lovely task of trying to extract my data from the hard drive. Also, I have decided that I won't be putting up many pictures of my kids. There are too many weirdos out there who will use random pictures without my knowledge or permission. But really, for now, I don't even have a way to get pictures onto a computer to share. Yikes. Soon it will all be taken care of.

No comments: