Monday, October 20, 2014

That one time . . .

So many memories, so much fun.   Here, let me share some random memories with you.


That one time . . . .

 I was driving and I had to pull over to rock out to the song "Eye of the Tiger" by the Survivors.  Now my girls are always listening for that song.   Katie Perry has a song where she mentions eye of the tiger.  So one day my girls were so excited to hear the song come on the radio.  They turned up the radio and then asked me, "Did you hear it Mom?  Eye of the Tiger was on the radio!"   So sweet to be thinking of me, but ummmm  . . .  girls, I hate to break it to you.   Wrong artist, wrong song!   

I forgot to get the bottle out of the bag and put the bag in the overhead bin before takeoff.  Then my daughter needed something to help with the pressure in her ears.   All I had was a bottle nipple and a bottle lid with a metal piece in the middle.  My mom pressed out the middle piece so I could use the bottle lid with the nipple, but cut her thumb in the process.   It was a pretty bad cut.

We lost power at my house and my mom drove down the street in a heavy snowstorm to pick up me and my daughter so we did not freeze all day.

I forgot my water bottle for my soccer game so we turned around and then my mom drove at breakneck speeds to get me to the school in time to not miss the bus.   

My mom was in the hospital.  Me, my dad, and my siblings got together to pick the apples off the tree.  We had a good crop that year.  We made applesauce and apple pie filling for my mom.  She never got to enjoy any of it.

I was flying to visit my brother.  Getting off the connecting flight I puked all over and the airport medical team had to clear me before getting on the net flight.  Yep, almost missed that one!

My family was playing Skipbo (maybe Phase 10),  My mom and I sat next to each other and we were passing cards to each other the entire game.

I played the chimes once for a band concert.   I hated it.   

I drove to St. George with two kids and my sister in law.  My sister in law came to watch my kids while I was at a conference.  I stayed an extra night so we could meet my sister and do something fun.

My husband was deployed and my garage door stopped working.   It pretty much just fell apart.   I went to Home Depot to look for a new one.   I took my brother with me one day and got awesome service, except they wanted to talk to him and not to me.  The next day I went back by myself and could not get anybody to help me.    My husband was so mad that he called them and reamed them out.   They sent me $100 to keep me happy.  I'm still a little leary about that store.

We were driving to Michigan to visit with my husband's family.  We were on I-80 and my husband wasn't paying enough attention to the gas.  We ran out of gas but it was so dark and snowy we couldn't see there was a gas station close by.  Not that it would have done any good.  It was closed until about 6 a.m.

We finished our basement and that spring we had an awful rainstorm that caused our newly finished basement to flood.    Fun times!   

I was mowing the lawn (I was 14 or 15, I think).   I walked between my mom's lilac bush and one of her evergreen bushes.  I got stung by a bee on the neck.  That bee was dead, but not my fault!    

I tried out for the junior high musical (Wizard of Oz) but did not know the song "Somewhere over a rainbow."   Yep, they told  me to sing it and I didn't even know the tune, words, etc.   

In third grade I had a boyfriend.   He called me sometimes.   Mostly we just held hands on the playground.  We never even kissed.   I feel so cheated!  (Not really!)

My best friend and I took a survey.   Participants were me and my friend only.   We tested the water in all the drinking fountains to see which water was the best.  We determined history water was the best!   

I was walking to campus one day while in college when some random guy handed me a flower and walked away.  I turned around to see who it was but nobody was there.  

So many random memories.   I just wanted to share.  I don't really know why these memories are on my mind right now.  The trip down memory lane has been fun.   

No comments: