On Wednesday we woke up to snow, much to the delight of my girls! They have been bugging me about wearing their snow boots since I bought them. Amber was especially excited to wear her boots to school! Ahh, the unabashed delight of childhood. Amber had a real treat after school as one of her friends was able to come home with her while we waited for her mom to get home. Noli was only here for a few minutes, but it was enough to delight Amber. They had fun rolling snowballs. I found it absolutely amusing that the first thing Amber asked as we pulled into the driveway was if she could have a snowball fight with Noli! I suppressed a laugh and quickly diverted her attention to a different activity. Snow angels are somewhat safer and better for the fragile self esteem of my five year old daughter!
After Noli left, Amber and Emma spent more time playing in the snow. After a few short minutes, I looked out, noticed a purple glove lying in the snow, and made the quick decision that it was time to come inside. Alas, Emma's mittens are a tad big, thus hindering her ability to pick up the snow! Her hands were red and oh so frozen by the time I got her inside. But, I didn't complain too much. To see the joy on her face made up for any wrongs (taking her mittens off) that she may have done!
Amber did all she could to avoid the camera. She is too much like me in that respect. But I got one! Albeit a far away shot!

Emma enjoying the snow! She was so excited to wear her new winter gear!
4 comments:
I sure do miss snow! Enjoy it for me too.
That is sooo fun you were able to go to a masquerade Ball!! That sounds like so much fun! How is school going for John? Cute, cute halloween costumes. You and Lena outdo me. :)
I am not looking forward to winter either...
Looks COLD!!!! BRRRRRR!
Love the pics! We don't have any snow here, just a lot of rain.
By the way, I tagged you so come over to my blog and play.
www.tiffanyswedemomisraeltrip.wordpress.com
Post a Comment