Monday, January 26, 2009

Don't make mom and dad mad!

Yesterday morning John and I had such a laugh. We had heard the girls wake up. They have learned to leave us alone until we say it is time to get up. It works beautifully most mornings. So the girls closed their door and were playing nicely . . . for awhile. All of a sudden Emma started screaming. I was just about to get up to check it out when we heard Amber saying, "Emma, be quiet. You don't want to make mom and dad mad!" Screaming stopped. A few minutes later, more screaming. Amber again . . . "Be quiet, do you want to get mom and dad mad?" I thought it was the funniest conversation and the best part is the girls didn't know we were awake!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

haha!! That sounds like my siblings and I when we were younger! We were afraid to make mom, and in turn-dad mad!! Good old days!

You have a beautiful family!

Fernandez Family said...

How sweet! I love how a simple warning turns off the water works. How easily children cry (especially when they want something)!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That is so cute! It's fun hearing your kids conversations with each other. I hope all of your end of the year reports and whatever else is all done! Sounds like you've been busy--especially with the new school schedule. Your New Year's Eve party sounded AWESOME! Great idea to do fondue.

JennaK said...

That's funny, but it's when the screaming starts that I can't wait any more and have to check on them. For all I know, my boys will be swinging from their bunk bed or pulling the fan off the ceiling or pulling the blinds off the window. I wish I could get my kids to stay in their room quietly until we get them, but they get too WILD in the mornings! (I really don't know how kids can be so wild, so early in the morning).