Monday, August 25, 2008

Crazy day

Today was just one of those strange days. First off, the girls slept in. Amber slept until about 8 and Emma slept until about 8:30. I woke Emma up for breakfast! Crazy! This rarely happens. But this is the last week they get to sleep in.
Amber had Kindergarten assessment testing today. John was able to stay home so he could take her. I had to be in Provo at the same time so it was really helpful for John to have a flexible work schedule. John went in to work after Amber's testing and Kim stayed with my kids. She has been such a help to me. I'm not sure how I would survive without her help.
Another strange thing, Amber took a nap and Emma didn't. Usually it is the opposite. It is no wonder that I found the following situation you see in the pictures here.


At bedtime Emma kept trying to keep herself awake. Next time I checked on her this is what I found, Emma asleep on the floor.


I think Kim must have worn the kids out today while I was in court. Emma was especially tired.




And of course, Amber was still awake. When she saw the camera she insisted I take a picture before I leave her room. This was about 9 p.m. and she had gone to bed about 8 p.m. Maybe a long nap this afternoon wasn't such a good idea! Although it gave Kim a chance to get some zzzzzzzzzzzzz's!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Elgan Family said...

That is so funny, those pictures of Emma are exactly what Adrienne looked like the other night when she fell asleep in front of our door (I wished I had taken a picture, but I was too sleepy). Wasn't about to move her, if she wants to sleep there...why not?! It's crazy how these kids fall asleep sometimes. :)