We've had our moments this week! More like our hours, days, whatever. It seems that we have been angry at each other all week long. Frustration reigns! Arghh! Does it ever end? Well, no, but there is some reprieve.
I am so grateful for the people who have listened to me rant and rave! I am especially grateful for the Book Club. At about 5:30 last night I thought I was crazy hosting the book club at my house! What was I thinking? YW basketball game, John in school, kid's bedtime? Okay, so when I agreed to host the book club I didn't know the YW basketball schedule. I also did not know John's school schedule as he had not signed up for classes yet! However, as everything landed on the schedule, it still took me a few days to realize, Oh my goodness! Everything is on the same day! To top off the craziness, I forgot to pick up Emma from Preschool! I was leaving to pick up Amber at 11:40 when I realized, oh no, Emma is at preschool and I was supposed to pick her up at 11:15! Luckily she is just at the elementary school so I could run in and get her real quick. Her teachers were good about it! I feel so bad. How did I forget about Emma? Oh my, I don't know about this!
So, back to the reasons for being grateful for book club. I tried to get the kids in bed before people showed up for book club. But that didn't work. The girls have a routine-- which includes getting in bed, a few seconds later deciding they need to go potty, say prayers, annoy each other, and then conk out on their pillows! Last night they were just finishing the "I need to go potty" stage when people started showing up. Finally the kids were all in bed! But Amber kept calling for me! I told the ladies I was going to ignore her. They didn't have a problem with that! They also listened as I vented a couple of frustrations and didn't make me feel as if I was a horrible mom for feeling the way I do. I was able to vent frustrations, then laugh and have a good time. It was so good to laugh with other women. Even though I felt my day had been very challenging, I went to bed feeling like I could handle another day.
3 comments:
A good laugh and support from others goes a long way! Having a good friend heals all kinds of wounds. Thank you for being such an awesome friend. I wish I was there with you.
I hear you, mama. We have lots of days like that too. You're amazing to be handling the kids on your own so often!
It's so nice having a support group! I just started in a new ward and I'm really excited to get to know people and hopefully join clubs like that!
That's quite a bedtime routine by the way! I can't wait for stuff like that!
Post a Comment