My neighbor gave us some fresh cut rhubarb. I'm not sure how to cook it, but it is sitting my kitchen table in a bag. I guess my girls thought it was celery (except they don't like celery!) and they asked if they could have some. So, thinking I would be funny, I sliced off a small piece for each of my three children! HAHAHA! I couldn't stop laughing. I knew they wouldn't like it. Amber took one bite and spit it out! Yuck, ick, ick! She tried to spit it out for a few minutes! HEHE! Then there was Timothy. He took his piece, chewed on it, then took another bite! That's my boy, he'll eat anything that looks like food! I think he ate the entire piece, but maybe I'll find it on the floor in awhile! Then there's Emma. She had been in the other room when Amber spit it out so she didn't know it was gross. But, Amber, trying to be a good big sister, warned her of the yuck factor! "It's yucky!" Amber, be quiet. I wanted Emma to try it and decide for herself if it was yucky! of course, I wouldn't take a piece myself. So I made Emma try it for herself. She would only lick it like a lollipop and decided it was yucky! So I told her it might be ok if she took a bite. She didn't totally believe me, but took a bite anyway. At least she didn't have to spit as much as Amber did!
Call me mean, but I laughed so hard at their reactions. I delighted in their pain! This comes with drawbacks though. Now I can't cook the rhubarb and tell them what it is! They won't eat it. I can't make a strawberry rhubarb pie! But it is worth these drawbacks to have a few laughs in my house today!
No comments:
Post a Comment