Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sacrifice is like a volcano?

Sacrifice-- what does it mean? This is the question Amber came up with, seemingly out of the blue. I'm sure she had been thinking about it for awhile. She was so serious. My explanation-- Sacrifice is when you give up something for something better! As I was trying to give her examples, she says "Like a volcano?" My first reaction was, what does a volcano have to do with sacrifice? Then it hit me. Amber understands! She got it, she knew what we were saying about sacrifice. Lest you think I am crazy, all I need to say is Madagascar 2! Amber loves that movie and has watched it a gazillion times in the past couple of months. Thanks to my dad for letting us borrow the movie! For those of you who have seen the movie, you probably get it now. For those who haven't, there is a part in the movie where the water hole has dried up. The lemur says that they need to sacrifice something to the water god. So the giraffe becomes the sacrifice inside the volcano. This is why Amber relates sacrifice to a volcano. But she understood the basic concept of sacrifice. I am in awe of my daughter. She amazes me with her gift of understanding complex issues.

No comments: