Friday, May 22, 2009

This week has been a flurry of activity. We have all been busy. Here's a short (I'm using that term loosely, mind you!) synopsis of our week!

Sunday- We took a day trip to Nephi to support Chantelle. She has done amazing things despite her disabilities. She has risen above her challenges and we're so proud of her.

Monday- Despite Amber being out of school for the week, we still had to make a special trip to school for Amber's post assessment test. I hate having her tested just for them to tell me she is reading above level. No duh! She's a McAuliffe, do they really expect her to not read well?

Tuesday- I think this was our only non-busy day. I honestly don't really remember what happened this day! Maybe this is the day we planted the little tree saplings Verree gave me about a month ago. Finally, they are planted outside. I hope they survive.

Wednesday- Emma's birthday! Emma had her end of the year preschool program! It was so cute. The birthday bear made her day when he (and everybody else) sang Happy Birthday to her at the beginning of the program! Pure delight filled her face when she got the spotlight for a bit! We like to take our kids out for dinner on their birthday and they usually pick where to go. I sort of guided Emma in her choice this year as funds have been severely limited. So she said she wanted pizza! Easy for me, I could go pick it up, bring it home, and everybody could enjoy the joy of her birthday dinner! Yay for Emma being so easygoing about it all. Then I did a small cake for just us. It was enough for 5 small pieces, one for each of us! Emma had just wanted a simple square cake with sprinkles, so I cut off the end of the rectangle for Wednesday night and put the rest away for the family party on Thursday.

Thursday- Emma's field trip. They went to the West Valley Fitness Center and played for about an hour. Then we went back to the school where the kids had popsicles and said good bye to their friends! Like Amber, Emma loved the bus. She kept saying, "I'm riding the bus!" What fun to watch her.
We had all the family over last night for cake and icecream! What an adventure, always is when my family is involved!

Friday- (Okay, so we're not done yet!) We finally have a day with no definite plans. Yay. But these are the hard days. The kids get so bored, hungry, sleepy, etc., etc. Here's to a good rest of the week!

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

You are one of my giveaway winners. Congrats! Just hop on over to my blog and email me (via my profile) with your address so I can send the book out. I'll probably be doing that Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks!

Nicole said...

Wow, super busy weeks just like ours! Time just flies.