Thursday Amber had her school sing along for the parents. It was quite cute. She is always so excited to perform, especially when she knows I am in the audience. I think she worries at times that I won't be there. But the little waves, silly faces, smiles, and all around cuteness of my daughter are so worth every hassle of getting there and the hassle of fighting with the younger children while I am there. Some kids are so embarrassed to be up there, or too shy to look up. Not Amber. As soon as she walks in she is perusing the audience, trying to find me. Then it is a smile and a little wave. Then it is more smiles and waves as the rest of the children file in! I'm such a proud mom. I love when my children perform.
Amber had two parts in the program. She sang in the after school choir and then sang with the 1st grade. I'm glad she likes to sing right now because earlier in the year she had an experience which turned her away from singing. So when she said she wanted to do after school choir, I was shocked, but encouraged it! She loves it.
Because she performed on Thursday, she thought they didn't have the after school program after school on Thursday. So nobody was there to pick her up from school. She went to the office in a panic. The secretary tried to call me, but I didn't hear the phone, and when I saw the number, I thought it was for John (he's a substitute teacher and the school system calls him all the time!). It wasn't until I really looked at the number that I realized it was Amber's school. So I thought, oh no, there is no after school program and Amber needs to be picked up. Luckily I had John call before he left to get her. It turns out because they couldn't get a hold of me, they called the next person on the list, my dad! John told the secretary that she was supposed to be in the after school program and then he called my dad who was already on his way to get her. Ummmm . . . dad, you don't need to pick Amber up. She's supposed to still be there. She was just confused! I feel bad, but at the same time, I have to laugh.
Yesterday afternoon Amber went to the after school program rewards party. They got to see the Princess and the Frog. She was so excited to see a movie at the theater. That hasn't happened for quite some time. So she talked John's ear off the whole way home. John says that after hearing Amber talk about the movie, he feels as if he's already seen it himself! :)
1 comment:
So funny about the pick-up incident! And how neat that she got to see that movie in the theater. It's neat that she's so involved.
Post a Comment