Yesterday was a busy day, but I still feel as if not much was accomplished. I look at my kitchen and realize the sink is still full of dishes, and there are papers scattered all over the living room, and there are clothes scattered all over downstairs. The clothes are scattered because I'm trying to sort through the girls' clothes so I know what they need for school. I need to know what clothes still fit, and what ones don't. Yikes, it seems like an insurmountable task.
So, instead of working on the clothes, I finally went back to Jazzercise to actually exercise. My goodness, my legs and my arms are killing me today. I feel like I can barely move. I really need to keep up on this exercise thing so I don't get so sluggish. Maybe if I didn't feel so sluggish I would get more accomplished.
When I got home I really didn't feel like sorting clothes. So I decided to put food into buckets for food storage. We had gotten buckets at Macey's for real cheap on their emergency preparedness sale. That was my exciting purchase of the week! I filled the ten buckets we had and realized I was probably about ten buckets short. Wow, I didn't realize we were doing so well with our food storage. Thanks to one of my aunts that helped us out a few months ago. We have wheat, flour, rice, beans, dry milk, almost everything you can imagine, except for water. Hmmm . . . maybe we'll get to that point. It has been a long process getting to the point we are at now. It has been a big help to have the relief society in my ward have a food storage focus each month. It has helped me tons to know how much I need, and somebody even priced a lot of the items and had comparisons each month for us! Whew, it has been quite the journey.
While I was filling the buckets, I decided I didn't want to keep going up and down the stairs, so I asked Amber to help me. She actually stopped to help me the first time I asked her. And I even interrupted Dora. Gasp! She helped bring buckets upstairs, and she counted bags of flour, rice, and sugar so I knew how much I had and could assess how many buckets I needed. Wow, she was such a big help. I was so proud of her. When I told her that I was so happy with her, the smile on her face was so big. I'm not sure it could have gotten any bigger. She felt so good when I praised her for her help. Some days she can be the sweetest girl. Yesterday just happened to be one of those days.
For a few minutes we went to visit with Aunt Andrea. I talked to her about canning as we are getting ready to do more canning this year. Last year we did peaches, salsa, applesauce, and apple pie filling. We want to do more this year. It takes a lot of time, but I think it is a lot of fun to get together and have canning parties. The kids play while a bunch of us adults get together and prepare the jars, etc. I can't wait. When we first got there, I had told the girls they could not get in the little pool in the front yard. Well, when I turned around to leave, there they both were, kneeling in the pool. After about 2 seconds, Emma fell down getting wet from her waist down! I was so mad, but it was so hard not to laugh. It was a funny sight even though I had told them no. So they got in trouble. Fortunately for them I still fed them dinner.
After dinner I went to the Book Review group for Relief Society. I really enjoy talking about the books we read. Plus, it gives me an opportunity to read books that I would usually not think to read. It has been fun to have something to do that doesn't revolve around the kids. This is something for me and it is something that isn't a necessity of life. I love the time I have to rejuvenate. Then I can return home and deal with the chaos that has become part of my home!
Amber and Emma were asleep when I got home. Sometimes they will wait for me to get home so they can say goodnight. But they were so tired. I tickled Amber's foot and she didn't budge. She was so far into dreamland that I just let her sleep. It was good to see them asleep.
2 comments:
Sounds busy. It also sounds like you are in a good ward. Lucky you. My ward is not so friendly. Maybe some day I'll learn to do food storage too...
I think my ward got started after a bunch of us read The Great and Terrible series by Chris Stewart. It is a fiction book, but it is all too real.
Post a Comment