I always knew there was something good that could come out of living in Magna! Sorry Greg, I had to say it. My brother's stake in Magna does a family fun fair every year. A lot like the Neighborhood Party my stake puts on, but on a much larger scale. There were tons of games for the kids to play, all you can eat hotdogs (Yuck!), snowcones, popcorn, cotton candy (Yum!), and lots of sun!! We used it as a reward for the girl's behavior all week long. As long as they were good, we told them we would go to the family fun fair. They did their best. They had their moments, but I really couldn't expect perfection out of them 24/7. They had so much fun at the fair. Of course, Greg was glad we were there because it gave him an excuse to act like a little kid. It is no wonder he was so excited about taking the girls around to the games! Emma really surprised me on the inflatable toys. There was one that was an obstacle course and I thought she would get scared and not want to go through it. But she jumped right in and made it all the way through. Yay! Of course Amber's favorite part was the cotton candy. That is all she talked about all week long. That was the first place she wanted to go. Much to her dismay we made her wait until she had played a couple of games before she could have cotton candy.
Here's some pictures of the family fun fair.
On Sunday we had the opportunity to visit with the Huddleston's for a while. It was a very good visit. I have never seen Susan outside, but as we were getting ready to leave, she followed us outside! Amber had a good time with Tom. She took a walk, and then he took her out to the backyard to show her the flowers and such. Tom was giving her a flower lesson. It was so cute. I think amber enjoyed the visit. Not to mention that the Huddleston's have a nice stash of toys that the kids, including Timothy, could play with while we were there. I never knew they had such a kid-friendly home!
We left Huddleston's and made our way to the Elgan's home, where we stopped and chatted for a while. The kids got to play and wear themselves out. Oh my were they tired when we got home! But they went to sleep fairly quickly. On the way home I was racing the girls. Almost as if they planned it they both fell down at the same time, one scraping her ankle, the other scraping her knee. Of course, this minor accident called for Band Aid therapy when we got home! We really enjoyed being able to visit with neighbors, friends, etc. It was well worth the exertion of a Sunday evening walk!
So, that was our weekend. We had fun, but most of all, we enjoyed the Family time we had.
2 comments:
Isn't that how a good walk usually ends...with injuries. I'm so glad you were able to stop by, it was fun to chit chat for a little bit.
You didn't visit us :-( j/k
That sounds fun though, I like Sunday afternoon....as long as we all still get a nap
I didn't know you blogged till I saw Jennifer's blog. Good to "see" you :-)
Post a Comment