What do you say to someone you have never met before, you've heard stories about, and is going to be teaching your 5 year old in Kindergarten? That is the dilemma I faced yesterday during Amber's school orientation. Mrs. Partridge had all the information I needed in a packet of papers that I could have picked up on my own. However, I think it was good for Amber to be introduced to her classroom before the first day of school. I still cannot believe she will be in school. Sending her to preschool just wasn't as traumatic for me as sending her to Kindergarten.
On another note, Amber said something really funny the other day. She had said she wanted to go to Grandpa's house for dinner because he has chicken nuggets and fries. She then got all excited because the chicken nuggets are shaped like dinosaurs. So, wanting to know what she would say, I asked her if she was sure it was chicken or dinosaur meat in the nuggets. She looked at me all serious, with a look that said DUH!. Then she proceeded to tell me, "They're not real, it's just food!" I thought that was the cutest response.
Just today, John was telling Amber who he went fishing with. When Amber asked who that was, John told her he is the old bishop. So again, all serious like, she asked, "The old, OLD, bishop?" Okay, so it probably isn't funny to you, but to see her face when she asked the question, I was cracking up.
I tell these stories because these stories are instrumental in my change of perspective. I have struggled more than I expected with staying at home. Some days it is all I can do to keep it all together. But then to have Amber say something I did not expect, or to do something silly, I am reminded why I love my kids and why I chose to stay home while they are little. Amber has allowed me to see little glimpses of the world through her eyes.
2 comments:
You're definitely going to have to tell my Dad about the "old, OLD Bishop." He'll get a kick out of that.
Hey, the blog is looking GREAT!!
I know what you mean about staying home, but these kids sure do have a way of reminding me daily why I'm so happy to be able to stay at home with them! Definately worth it. :)
Post a Comment