I don't know if I'm crazy, or if I am just too determined. It has been way cold in the mornings, yet we still walk to school. I have been determined to walk Amber to school every day and so far, minus a few days here and there, I have been able to do that! Amber loves walking and gets mad when we drive. So, although it has been incredibly cold, we bundle everybody up for our daily jaunt to the school! Amber really amazes me. I thought she would wimp out a long time ago and want me to drive her to school. But such is not the case. Even Emma loves the walk. Both girls do get tired on the walk home from school, but hey . . . they are both still little. It is so amazing how much endurance they have developed. On the first day of school I wasn't sure we would even get this far into the school year before Amber wimped out! But now, if I want to drive she complains the loudest about having to drive.
Maybe now that everybody else has decided to not walk, Amber won't be so keen on it. She asks every morning if she gets to walk with Natalie. But . . . sigh . . . Natalie hasn't been walking this week. Sob! Okay, so Amber is over it. She is so inquisitive that she spends the walk asking questions about everything around her, and telling me stories. My what an imagination. Do I have an Anne Shirley on my hands here? I guess that remains to be seen.
On another note, yes, I broke down and turned on my heater a couple of days ago. The clincher was waking up to snow on the ground and my house a measly 53 degrees! Brrrrr . . . . it was cold! Even John was freezing and it takes a whole lot to make him cold enough to complain about it. So I compromised, the heater on at night and off during the day!
We have more pictures that I will post one of these days. But, ta ta for now.
Maybe now that everybody else has decided to not walk, Amber won't be so keen on it. She asks every morning if she gets to walk with Natalie. But . . . sigh . . . Natalie hasn't been walking this week. Sob! Okay, so Amber is over it. She is so inquisitive that she spends the walk asking questions about everything around her, and telling me stories. My what an imagination. Do I have an Anne Shirley on my hands here? I guess that remains to be seen.
On another note, yes, I broke down and turned on my heater a couple of days ago. The clincher was waking up to snow on the ground and my house a measly 53 degrees! Brrrrr . . . . it was cold! Even John was freezing and it takes a whole lot to make him cold enough to complain about it. So I compromised, the heater on at night and off during the day!
We have more pictures that I will post one of these days. But, ta ta for now.
1 comment:
Sounds like you are keeping busy my friend!! Good luck with the walking in the cold, especially when there's snow on the ground :D
Post a Comment