We were sitting down to lunch today and Amber was telling me about school. So, two of her classmates had seen a stray cat (I guess it was at school!). Amber proceeded to tell me a story of how the cat got there. Here's the story!
"The people let the cat outside. It climbed the fence and ran away."
Exciting story, eh? Okay, so let's try another one. I guess Amber didn't like that first explanation. So she came up with another story.
" The owners took it to the school and were having a picnic. [Keep in mind that it has been very cold!] While they were eating, the cat wanted to play. So the cat ran away. The owners couldn't find it and just went home."
Hmmm . . . . I don't know. Possible? Yes. Believable? No. But Amber had fun telling about what happened to the cat and how it ended up at school!
Talking about the cat was keeping Amber's mind off her inconsolable sadness. You see, she had just finished telling me how her best friend, Imanol, was not at school today. I think about half of her classmates were MIA today. You would think it was going to be a long weekend, or something. Wink, wink. Amber does have no school on Thursday and Friday. Gotta love UEA! Playtime, yayyyy!
In light of the long weekend, I decided to let Amber and Emma watch movies for quiet time today. Their eyes lit up when I told them. It was like it was Christmas already. They haven't had movies all week. We've been too busy with other tasks. I am hoping that by giving them something they really want they will be good the rest of the day! Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment