Fall Fantasy Masquerade-- A couple of weeks ago I had seen an advertisement for the masquerade and I thought it sounded like fun. I had never been to a masquerade before! It was really a fundraiser for the USO and veterans got in free. Yay! I was pretty sure I could dredge up the $15 dollars for a ticket. So I made plans to go. I was pretty sure John would go with me so I didn't even think twice when I invited my brother and sister in law. The only catch was that I had to convince my brother to go. You see, Cori (sister in law) made a deal with me. If I could convince Jeff to go, she would buy my ticket. I thought I would never be able to convince Jeff. Ha, he fooled me. He agreed without me having to beg, cajole, bribe, whatever. As soon as I asked him he pretty much said he would go! So after borrowing a dress, and finding a mask, we were off to the masquerade on Saturday night! It was tons of fun. We are so glad Jeff and Cori met up with us there. 
We took this picture at our house before we left. John was trying to be such a gentleman! We were so excited to be able to leave the kids with Kim and to get all dressed up.
Finally, we made it to the Masquerade. Because John is a veteran, he only had to show his ID to get in. Lucky for us! I think we had such a sweet deal. Jeff and Cori met up with us there. They bought us a raffle ticket ($1 a piece, break the bank!). I thought, yeah right, I never win anything. It was a good thing John was holding on to the ticket! We ended up winning the grand prize. I love the Bond Girl perfume, and the Cologne for John! Yeah! I was in so much shock that we actually won something. We split the prize with Jeff and Cori. It was so awesome! The prize was a whole basket full of Avon products-- value of $200. I don't think I slept at all on Saturday night I was in shock all night.
Here are the four of us just outside the cultural celebration center. And yes, John is wearing his kilt! Hmmm . . . he hasn't worn the thing for so long. I wasn't sure he actually would.
Sunday travels-- Sunday morning John and I both went to our Ward Council meeting at 8 a.m. and then headed down to Nephi about 11:30 a.m. We went to Nephi to support Chantelle who was receiving her Young Womanhood medallion. So we went to church with Aunt Deb and then had very yummy food at Aunt Deb's house. Of course Aunt Deb went above boeard on the food. She always makes yummy food. I love her bowtie salad! Yummm!!! We had a very good visit, and as always, we left later than we expected. But only because Aunt Deb was making sure we had things we need. Dave and Deb have always taken good care of us. What else is family for if we can't help each other out? I really appreciate all they have done for me. It really pales in comparison to anything I have ever been able to do for them.
I took my camera with me and forgot to take pictures. So I don't have any to share from Aunt Deb's house. But we all enjoyed the day. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family close by.
Despite the busy, busy weekend ,we had such a good time. I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with John and also the time I could spend with family. We are truly a blessed family.
1 comment:
That looks like so much fun. I dont think I could get Bryan to dress up. I am so jealous. Glad you got a night out with your honey, and was able to enjoy it! You deserve it!
Post a Comment