Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

Halloween at our house started long ago. The girls have known what they wanted to be since last year. Okay, so maybe not that long ago, but long enough. I got so sick of the girls asking about Halloween. I'm glad it is over!
Anyway, yesterday Emma had her Halloween celebration at Preschool. She wore her spider costume and I helped out in her class. It was a lot of fun. Emma was so excited to be a spider. Somebody made the mistake of asking if she was a black widow! She was so adamant about being a spider and didn't think a black widow was a spider. She kept saying she was a nice spider. It was fun. I loved having people admire her costume as I slaved over the dumb thing. I can't believe I agreed to make her a spider costume!
Amber has been bugging me about being a princess. She always wants to be a princess. But this year it had to be Cinderella, not just a generic princess. So I had to figure out how to do Cinderella. Luckily I had two different patterns for a Cinderella dress. I just picked one, and of course, modified it to make it easier to sew. It wasn't perfect, but hey, I think I did pretty good for finishing it last night!
This morning we did her hair up and put a headband in like Cinderella. I think I used a whole bottle of hairspray just so it would stay. Lo and behold most of it fell out by the time we were getting ready for trick or treating. Oh well. Amber had a parade at school. Unfortunately my camera isn't that great so I got a horrible picture of her, and I didn't get the pictures from my dad. So that picture will be a little fuzzy. She had a lot of fun at school.
Timothy was a ghost. We dressed him in a white sweatshirt and pulled it up onto his head. Then John put some of his socks on Timothy! He was drowning in all the material, but I thought it was so cute. I didn't really want to do too much, Timothy is still little and will never remember how he was dressed for Halloween.
In the time between school and trick or treating, John went to Verree's house and picked up a pumpkin. Then he gathered the girls and carved the pumpkin while Timothy was sleeping. The girls helped pull the pumpkin guts out. They enjoyed it, even though Amber said it was gross. I hate pulling the guts out of pumpkins. That's why I had John do it. I didn't even care how it was carved. I just didn't want to do it! Yay! John loved it. He had fun helping the girls, and of course, he did the actual carving!
After Trick or treating we went to Grandpa's house. There the girls saw pizza in Grandpa's kitchen and convinced him that they were hungry and needed some pizza! Hmmm . . . I guess lasagna just wasn't good enough tonight! It was a long day and all three kids were fast asleep within about ten minutes. Yay! Peace and quiet!

1 comment:

Mike said...

It looks like your Halloween was lots of fun! Your costumes were cute. My kids were all characters from Pokemon--the latest craze at our house. I didn't think their costumes were the greatest, but they liked them a lot. Their opinion is what matters after all.