Here's a couple pictures of them enjoying their popcorn and movie.
Sweet moment #2: I was playing the dot game on Facebook and didn't see a box. Neither did the other person. But Amber saw it. She told me I could get a box and showed me. My five year old showed me up! But her face just glowed when I was telling John about it. She was so proud. And I think her self esteem just jumped a thousand notches as she listened to me talk to John about it. I'm not sure her smile could get any bigger.
Sweet moment #3: I had told Amber she had to stay in her room and be quiet for nap/quiet time. After about an hour she came out and asked if nap time was over. I told her it could be and she climbed on my bed with me and snuggled with me for a while. She was just so gracious today.
Sweet moment #4: The girls had chores today. Sigh. Laundry had piled up so they were helping me fold clothes and put them away. They didn't get to play until their chores were done. Emma was done putting her clothes away. Amber decided to capitalize on the situation and asked Emma (more like conned her) into helping put Amber's clothes away too! Emma was so compliant and wanted to help just because Amber was doing it too. It was really sweet.
These moments aren't grand in any sense of the word, but they sure make me grateful that God has entrusted me with these beautiful souls! There are many more of these moments, but I am sure I would bore everybody. Plus there are no words to describe the joy and gratitude that fill my soul today.
1 comment:
It was great that you can see the sweet moments concerning your children. It made my day Sunday when I turned to see Amber and Emma just waiting there in the chapel to tell me hi with their bright shining eyes. I just love them! You do have sweet girls and Ive gotten to know Emma in the nursery. I'll miss her come January.
Post a Comment